This is a topic for sharing whatever you’re really enjoying lately! Whether it’s music, games, art, a hobby, a book, that kind of thing. It’s nice to share stuff that’s bringing us joy.
Tonight I got to see one of the singers (Joe Jack Talcum) from the band The Dead Milkmen play solo! It was really nice, the kind of outing where you remember how amazing art and music are.
His band’s big song, “Punk Rock Girl,” has been stuck in my head since:
So that’s what I’m enjoying tonight!
Those are beautiful, thanks for sharing! Feeling jealous of having a physical hobby like that! At that show I went to last night the “opener” was a person sharing their 12 minute hand-animated film and it got me thinking, yeah, I need to get back into something creative and real!
I’ve been playing through the Shenmue games, I’m on Shenmue II and absolutely loving it. They’re really great chill games to walk around in and explore. The 2nd one takes place in Hong Kong, and I really like this music track:
The Shenmue games feel like the natural evolution of point-and-click adventure games, where you’re spending time in the world and talking to people. I typically play a little bit each day, taking my time enjoying the world. The music has been on repeat for me for the past month! The last time I became so obsessed with something was Twin Peaks in the early 2010s.
The 2nd one takes place in Hong Kong, and I really like this music track
Ooh. Love that track, that specific melancholy retro feeling it’s landing on :’ D
Just finished playing the game Big Walk with a group of friends! Super unique game experience, and I won’t spoil the finale but loved every part of it.
I dig a lot of the friendslop games but this one in particular had a meditative feeling to it that was so refreshing and genuine. Probably the closest feeling I’ve had to touching grass while being in front of a screen, haha.
I am enjoying that so far AI (even the most expensive models) have not proven that good at shader art. I would even say kind of bad. I have been testing a bit and most of the time they come up with dull things. I guess if I used the most expensive model and iterated a 100 times perhaps I be depressed but I dont have the money to do that
Also it’s SOOO tedious to wait for them where the joy of shader coding comes not just from the result but the interactive coding with immediate feedback.
Lately I have been using Pico8 and looking at GB14 Game Jam entries. There are some good gems in there.
A YouTuber I follow compared playing Game Jam Games to playing Flash Games back in the day which I think is a good description of it.


